Saturday, June 15, 2013

Working With Children !!

I have had multiple opportunities to work with young children. One very effective outreach to children in the Dominican is to go into the local communities and conduct Vacation Bible Schools. Usually upwards of 100 children come out to learn Bible stories, do crafts, and fellowship together. This is a good way to show God's love to the community and expose them to the church.

Another outreach to children is through sports camps. I help conduct several basketball, volleyball and baseball camps. The children come out to learn the skills of the game and we do devotions, concerts or movies so they can hear the gospel.
 
I also had the experience of teaching English in a local Christian school. It is amazing how much they value speaking in English.

One of my biggest accomplishments while living in Navarette was to establish a children's class during church at my home church there. This was such a need as the kids would just run wild during the church service. It was a challenge for me because I did not have any other adult help, so I had to totally rely on my own Spanish. The kids were wonderful though and helped me when I faltered. I pray someone will keep this going because not only do the children benefit, but the adults are able to worship and be taught without interruption.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment