Friday, April 5, 2013

Pure Joy !!

Here I am standing on a new chapter of my life. When I left for college 5 years ago, I had no idea that I would be here today. I was planning on studying business, but then I changed my major to “inter-cultural studies.” I never dreamed that I would be going to the Dominican Republic to serve as a full-time missionary.

I have had the privilege of teaching English classes, building houses and church buildings, teaching Vacation Bible Schools, participating in sports’ and church camps, leading women’s Bible studies, assisting with medical clinics, and much more. I love strengthening relationships with the Dominican people I work with and building new friendships. This is also a great help for me to develop my communication skills in Spanish.

The words to this song express my feelings – although at first I was hesitant and scared, now, through Christ I am confident and excited to be His hands and feet. I know that He will empower and enable me.
An image flashed across my TV screen
Another broken heart comes into view
I saw the pain, and I turned my back
Why can't I do the things I want to?
I am willing yet I'm so afraid
You give me strength
When I say
I wanna be Your hands
I wanna be Your feet
I'll go where You send me
And I try, yeah I try
To touch the world like You touched my life
An I'll find my way
To be Your hands
I've abandoned every selfish thought
I've surrender everything I've got
You can have everything I am
And perfect everything I'm not
I am willing, I'm not afraid
You give me strength
This is the last time
I turn my back on You
From now on I'll go out
Send me where You want me to
I finally have a mission
I promise I'll complete
I don't need excuses
When I am Your hands and feet
I truly believe that God has a plan for me and has called me to do mission work. Scripture teaches that when we support missionaries, we become partners with them in the gospel (3 John 1:8). I am asking my friends and family first of all if they will commit to pray for me. And secondly, would you prayerfully consider supporting me financially either with a one-time gift or monthly donation? Many of you have generously supported me in the past and I am very grateful. Any help you can give me in this will be appreciated as well.

Again, I thank you for your love and support. I know your prayers will help to make this ministry a significant one for the kingdom of God. I’ll keep you posted on what takes place while I am here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment