Tuesday, August 5, 2014

One Step Towards Changing the World !!



I have learned that I will not change the world.  Jesus will do that.  I can, however, help change the world for one person.  So, I keep stopping and loving one person at a time.  Because this is my call as a Christian. This reminds me of the story of the old man who saw the little boy throwing starfish into the ocean and asked him what he was doing because there were thousands on the beach that were going to die and he wasn’t going to be able to save them all but the little boy smiled and said, “it made a difference to that one!” We all have the opportunity to help create positive change, but sometimes I find myself thinking, “I’m already really busy, and how much of a difference can I really make?” So when I catch myself thinking that way, it helps me to remember this story. I might not be able to change the entire world, but at least I can change a small part of it, for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment