Monday, July 22, 2013

Experience & Growth !!

The following is a compilation of excerpts from my journal over the time that I have been living in the Dominican Republic. I have chosen sections that reflect my experience and growth while here.  The experience has been invaluable to me and this is just a glimpse of what I have experienced and what God has taught me through this time.

Dominicans are so generous; I told this little fifteen year old girl that I liked her earrings and she took them out and gave them to me and I told this lady at church that I liked her eye make-up and she walked me across the street to her house and gave me one of her eyeliners. It amazes me how they can have so little, but can be content and willing to give. The people here are so sweet and caring and always share everything that they have even if it is just a little bit.

During my time in the Dominican I have been challenged to serve: whatever God wanted, whomever He prepared for me to reach, whenever He asked, and wherever He sent me.

God is working in ways I don’t understand right now in my life. God is so much bigger than my little world. He is calling me to step outside myself and trust in His power and goodness.
 
I love hearing God being worshiped in another language. It totally makes you realize how big God is. He understands and loves us all.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment